Here I go playin star again

 


I came back across this blog I had sort of terribly written once upon a time and stopped when life had picked up and thought maybe I can be better at it. 

NOTE: Not near as good as my buddy Rob Adams and his blog Exit 55 that is updated every night in an impressive feat I'm told some nights as part of a huge streak featuring great reads. 

What is this going to be about you ask? Who knows.....please stick with this work in progress when it actually happens as a way to clear my head at times or just to show off something I think is cool.


The biggest changes since I last wrote this in 2016 have been losing some amazing people in my life who showed me how to be a better man and the addition of my favorite little human.....and that whole pandemic thing but who the hell wants to read any more about that?


I look in this little girls eyes and I see hope, I see an amazing way to look at the world and everything for the first time and I can instantly snap out of whatever is my stupid issue of the moment. My dad always told me "you're going to have one just like you one day" and I would laugh. Part of me never thought marriage and kid(s) were for me as my grandma will tell you (OVER AND OVER) if you would like to hear it, but it's a fact that was true until the day it was not any more. 

There is no second of any day that goes by that I don't look at the pictures in the walls of our house and see pictures of Grandma's Rita and Julie and Grandpa's Ted and Dick and wonder how each one of them would be with Avery, but I never doubt how much each one of them would love that little girl that in her own ways is a piece of each of them (both the good and the bad right?)


Since her birth we've had some challenges of how to do some things as has everyone with the current state of the world (NOTE: IT TAKES YOU NO MONEY OR COSTS YOU NOTHING TO JUST BE GOOD TO OTHER PEOPLE). 

Before you become a parent you're always the person or couple that says things like "why would they bring that kid with them?" ...... Now I'm one of the people who understand why haha 


Speaking of kids I just want to say for anyone who has their kids game that has been called by me: THANK YOU. Thank you for raising such great representatives of your towns and communities and of Northwest Ohio. I could NOT be more proud to have called these young men and young women's games over the last handful of years and see how they handle success and unfortunately defeat at times while still being role models to the kids that look up to them.

My hope doing games is that I've made a day of a grandma in Florida who can't make the game or wanted to listen back......thank you for tuning in, I can't do what I do without you.


Before I ramble some more I just want to say that I had an amazing time in Chicago at AEW's Forbidden Door event and while I tend to be a pessimist I am excited about the state of wrestling overall right now and over the moon to have gotten to see my favorite worker in person finally,


If you made it this far thank you for reading and for doing all you can do for a positive world every day.

"Turn the page"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We should all have this kind of friend

Tigers, Bearcats play to tie

Riders race past Cats to open season